Leadership PLUS is a small group setting for middle school boys. Topics to be covered throughout the fall semester will include making and keeping friends, getting along with siblings and parents, dealing with peer pressure, standing up to bullying (both face-to-face and through social media), balancing new freedoms with responsibilities, and engaging in service to others. This class will include direct instruction, discussion opportunities, guest speakers, and other activities to help all participants be engaged in the learning process…
The following five principles of leadership for youth will be embraced throughout all discussions and activities:
- Self-discovery. A good leader is interested in learning more about himself and how to best utilize his gifts and talents.
- Self-confidence. A good leader is confident in his beliefs and is willing to try new things. He is able to avoid drugs and alcohol and other forms of negative peer pressure.
- Willingness to be a lifelong learner. A good leader is open to expanding his horizons. He has the ability to set both short and long-term goals.
- Tolerance. A good leader strives to accept differences in others, to see the best in others, and to encourage others to be and do their best.
- Service to the community. A good leader is willing to give back to his community to make it better for others.
Cost per 12-week session is $360.00.
Course dates for FALL 2018:
Leadership PLUS Autism Middle School (Thursdays 4:45-5:45 pm)
- September 20, 27
- October 4, 11, 18, 25
- November 1, 8, 15, 29*
- December 6, 13
* No meeting November 22
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested in your son joining us in this group! Feel free to call me if you have any questions! I can be reached at 336-547-7460 or by email at email@example.com.